Information We Collect
We may collect a variety of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for an account or register to use our Services, sign up for notifications or updates, or participate in our surveys, we ask you for your name, email address, and a username.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve our Services.
- Careers. If you wish to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume to us. We will collect the information you choose to provide, such as your education and employment experience.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase in relation to our Service, your payment-related information, such as credit card or other financial information, is collected by our third-party payment processor, Stripe, on our behalf.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services.
- Location Information. When you use our Services, we may infer your general location information, for example by using your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Services, including IP address, web browser type, and operating system version.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the analyses you generate, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and third party partners collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. Our third party partners, such as analytics and advertising partners, may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Services.
- Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
- Information We Receive from Third Parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you;
- To generate anonymized, aggregate data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- To facilitate transactions and payments;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn more about Google’s practices by visiting https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To help us understand how you use our Services and to help us improve them, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Services, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, and the dates and times of your visits.
Advertising Partners. We work with third party advertising partners to show you ads that we think may interest you. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/) or the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN). If you do not wish to receive personalized ads, please visit their opt-out pages to learn about how you may opt out of receiving web-based personalized ads from member companies. You can access any settings offered by your mobile operating system to limit ad tracking, or you can install the AppChoices mobile app to learn more about how you may opt out of personalized ads in mobile apps.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Services are hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Services from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Services, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Update Your Information or Pose a Question
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: August 24, 2020